Welcome. Firearms offences vary from “possessing firearms” to being a “prohibited person in possession of a firearm”. Possessing an imitation firearm can be a firearm offence.
The Courts are often very hard in penalty for firearm offences.
Some issues in firearms cases are:
- “Was the firearm / gun capable of being used?”
- “Why did you have the firearm / gun with you on that particular day?”
Simply click on the law information link that relates to your enquiry.
- Offence for non-prohibited person to possess, carry or use a handgun without a licence
- Offence for non-prohibited person to possess, carry or use a longarm without a licence
- Offence for prohibited person to possess, carry or use a firearm
- Offence to acquire, dispose of possess or carry cartridge ammunition for collections
- Offence to possess, carry or use an unregistered handgun
- Offence to possess, carry or use an unregistered longarm
- Offences for certain types of handguns
- Possession of a traffickable quantity of unregistered firearms
- Using firearm to resist arrest